DOUBLETREE HOTEL SELECTED FOR OWAC’S CONFERENCE, BOOK NOW
Thanks to efforts by Janet Fullwood, DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento has been selected for OWAC member lodging during ISE. DoubleTree is offering OWAC members a discount rate of $119 + tax. (rate expires December 17).
Located at 2001 Point West Way in Sacramento, this hotel is close to Cal Expo and has very nice rooms with coffeemaker and small refrigerator. The price includes complimentary wi-fi, outdoor pool, fitness center access, reduced on-site parking fee, shuttle service to/from the airport and CalExpo, and pet-friendly rooms. Breakfast can be takeaway from the coffee bar downstairs, or full buffet breakfast. After we have an accurate headcount, we will make a group reservation for dinner at Twigs in the DoubleTree for Saturday night, January 20.
For reservations, access https://group.doubletree.com/gijv09 in your browser or call 916-929-8855 and mention ISE group code 904. With free cancellation 24 hours prior to arrival, there’s no reason not to book now.
OWAC will hold its Conference in conjunction with the annual International Sportsmen’s Expo, California’s largest sportsmen’s show, January 18-19-20-21, 2024, in Sacramento.
ISE organizers had initially offered a free booth for OWAC to represent the books, photographs, and professional works of its members, However, OWAC has politely declined this offer because members responded that rather than running an OWAC booth, they preferred to meet with exhibitors and attend the numerous lectures and educational sessions offered throughout the four-day Expo.
The OWAC gathering takes place on Saturday afternoon, January 20 at 5:00pm at the DoubleTree Sacramento hotel. The agenda will consist of the annual business meeting, election of new board members and officers, and discussion about the future of OWAC, to be followed by a social hour. Afterwards, at 6:30pm members and their guests are invited to a no-host dinner at the DoubleTree’s Twigs restaurant. Dinner is at their own expense but complimentary wine will be served courtesy of OWAC
BENEFITS FOR OWAC MEMBERS
In addition to re-connecting with old friends and colleagues, the tie-in with the ISE offers many benefits for OWAC members:
- The OWAC Conference is free.
- Press Passes will be accepted for free admission to the ISE. (OWAC will provide one, should you need it)
- The only personal expenses are for travel, accommodations, and meals. OWAC has arranged discounted hotel rooms for $119 + tax.
- The event is not hosted by a tourist board, so there’s no obligation to send thank-you notes or write about the destination and its activities.
ABOUT THE ISE
- ISE exhibitors cover varied activities for outdoor enthusiasts not only in California, but also Canada and Mexico as well as elsewhere internationally. Exhibits cover outdoor recreation opportunities ranging from archery to Zodiac inflatables, fishing to game hunting, camping to hiking, and more.
- ISE, California’s largest Sportsmen’s Show, typically draws 300 to 600 leading resorts and lodges, outdoor-product manufacturers, boat dealers, regional and specialty retailers, hunting and fishing guides and outfitters, national and local conservation organizations, state and federal government agencies, and nonprofit groups. Other attractions are outdoor seminars, hands-on demonstrations, and speaker presentations. Boats, campers, and vehicles will be on display.
- Sacramento is easy to access by major freeways from both northern and southern California.
- The Expo provides a great opportunity to network with vendors and tour operators to research story angles and arrange bookings to cover upcoming assignments later in the summer.
- The January dates do not conflict with early-season fishing and hunting seasons.
We need an accurate head count for planning purposes. Please advise Carrie Wilson, OWAC President, of your likelihood of attending Saturday’s 5:00pm meeting at the DoubleTree, and no-host dinner January 20–“Yes,” “No,” or “Maybe” – [email protected].
Will attend OWAC meeting at DoubleTree Saturday at 5:00p : “Yes,” “No,” or “Maybe”
Will attend no-host dinner at DoubleTree Saturday at 6:30p: “Yes,” “No,” or “Maybe”
I hope these incentives will entice you to attend our first conference in several years. Looking forward to all our members coming together in Sacramento in January.